Registration, Textbooks, IDs & Calendars

New RN-BSN online students will begin to receive registration and textbook information within the following timeline, based on your semester start. You will receive registration instructions and key dates in your university email inbox.

Registration Communications Timeline
  Spring Summer Fall
Communications Start Mid-October Late February Late April

Note: The university reserves slots in its online courses for its online Master of Science in Nursing students. If you follow the prescribed semester-by-semester plan for your degree, you will not be denied access to required courses, regardless of your registration date and time.

Due dates/times for course requirements will be provided in Eastern time.

Purchase or Rent Textbooks

When registering for courses in Catalyst, you will notice a textbook icon to the right of the course number. Click on the icon to view required course textbooks. You can purchase textbooks from the UC Bookstore or elsewhere. If you choose to purchase a used textbook, be sure to buy the correct edition.

Alternatively, the UC Bookstore offers textbooks for rent. To learn more, visit the UC Bookstore Rental FAQ.

Obtain a Student ID

The Bearcat Card is your University of Cincinnati student ID. Note: You must be registered for classes to receive a student ID.

Please note: Do not submit your student ID request via Request your College of Nursing student ID by following the process outlined below:

If you are a local student, student IDs are processed in the Public Safety Office (4 Edwards Center). You must be registered for classes and have another source of photo identification (e.g. driver's license, state ID or passport) to obtain a UC ID. Student IDs are required for access to campus dining halls, libraries, sport facilities and computer laboratories, and can also be used to conduct financial transactions on and around campus.

If you're not on campus, you may not need a student ID; however, your clinical site could require it. In this case, or if you simply want to have the ID to take advantage of student discounts available to you in your local area, you can request a student ID by including the following information in an email to the Office of Academic Affairs at

  • Full name
  • UC ID number (also referred to as an "M number")
  • Passport photo* in JPG file format (attached to the email). Please resize your picture to less than 60K prior to emailing.
  • Copy of driver's license
  • Current address

* A photo suitable for a student ID needs to meet the criteria below:

Image Attributes

  • Passport style, color and taken in the last 6 months
  • Solid white background
  • No borders
  • No shadows
  • Properly focused

Image Style

  • Ensure that you are the only person and that there are no obscure objects in photo.
  • No hats or sunglasses. Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used. Head coverings are allowed if worn for religious purposes.
  • No glare on eyeglasses, if applicable.
  • Head should be positioned directly facing camera, centered and compose 80% of image.
  • Eyes open and looking at camera.
  • Have a natural expression.

Once we receive your request, we will work with the Public Safety Office to have an ID issued and sent to you at the address indicated in your request.

Learn more on the Bearcat Card page.


The University of Cincinnati's Office of the Registrar maintains several calendars, including:

  • Academic Year
  • Registration, Withdrawals, Fees and Funds
  • Early Registration
  • Final Exams

For a full list of available calendars, visit the registrar's calendars page.