APRN Preceptor Awards
UC College of Nursing's APRN Preceptor Awards recognize outstanding and exemplary clinical practitioners and partners who demonstrate an enthusiasm for the preceptor role and whose commitment to teaching, learning and leading in the clinical environment inspires the next generation of advanced practice nurses.
Preceptor Award recipients are nominated by UC College of Nursing graduate students enrolled in advanced practice nursing programs. Two recipients — one from the tri-state region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and one from outside the tri-state region — are chosen and recognized with a plaque and monetary award.
Nominate a Preceptor
We're accepting nominations through May 1! Nominees must have served as a preceptor within the past 12 months and demonstrate the following qualities:
- Commitment to serving as a University of Cincinnati preceptor (measured by number of students precepted and number of hours precepted)
- Receptive to students' needs in the clinical environment
- Shares expertise and passion with the next generation of advanced practice nurses
- Professionalism, leadership and management skills
- Positive role model with well-developed interpersonal skills
As part of its Preceptor Awards program, UC College of Nursing also recognizes clinical sites that go above and beyond to provide clinical placement opportunities for UC graduate students in advanced practice nursing programs. UC College of Nursing selects two sites — one from the tri-state region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and one from outside the tri-state region — for the recognition, based on several factors:
- Number of students precepted in the past 12 months
- Number of precepted hours completed at the site in the past 12 months
- Evaluations of the site from students
- A demonstrated willingness to collaborate with UC faculty and staff
- Sustained commitment to UC's advanced practice nursing students