The application window could close early, if program capacity is reached.
|On-Campus Programs||Sept. 1 (Priority)
Oct. 15 (Final)
||April 1 (Priority)
May 3 (Final)
||Sept. 1 (Priority)
Oct. 15 (Final)
|Feb. 1 (Priority)
March 1 (Final)
|April 1 (Priority)
May 3 (Final)
|Note: The Psych-Mental Health Post-MSN Certificate online admits for spring and summer semester starts only.
Online Programs: Family Nurse Practitioner, Psych-Mental Health
On-Campus/Hybrid Programs: Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Neonatal, Occupational Health, Pediatric Acute Care. Due to state nursing board restrictions, these programs are limited to residents of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and include on-campus requirements.
Our post-master's certificate online programs are approved to admit students from all states, except:
- New York
- Rhode Island
The program meets requirements for licensure in all other states. We highly recommend that applicants who reside outside of Ohio contact the appropriate state licensing agency for information and guidance before beginning the program. State licensing board contact information is available on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing site.
Cincinnati Metro-Area Residents
Individuals who reside in the following counties seeking admission to the Family Nurse Practitioner program must apply using the Cincinnati Metro application in NursingCAS. Students in these onsite programs can complete 100% of their coursework online.
All application materials, including transcripts, must be submitted to NursingCAS, not the University of Cincinnati. The NursingCAS application includes instructions for ordering electronic transcripts for submission, which most institutions allow. If your institution does not allow this, request the issuing institution mail your transcripts directly to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
Materials must be received by the posted deadline. If you have questions, contact our Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-8400 or email@example.com.
Applicants must submit the following in NursingCAS:
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement
- Three or more letters of recommendation (You will enter names and contact information in NursingCAS. Individuals will receive a notification inviting them to complete a recommendation for you.)
- RN license verification, downloaded from your state's RN verification website (Ohio residents, visit elicense.ohio.gov/oh_verifylicense.)
- Transcripts from every higher education institution attended (including College Credit Plus and Dual Enrollment) are to be sent directly to NursingCAS, not the University of Cincinnati. Detailed instructions on how to send your transcripts to NursingCAS are available at the NursingCAS Help with Transcripts website.
Following your NursingCAS application submission:
Twenty-four to 48 hours after your NursingCAS application reaches "verified" status, you will receive an email from the UC Graduate School to fill out and submit a separate application. This simple step pulls in most of your NursingCAS information. (Do not send materials already included in your NursingCAS application.) Submit this separate application, along with a $20 domestic or $25 international application fee. Once submitted, your application will move forward for review.
Additional Information for NursingCAS
- We strongly recommended you order transcripts at least one month prior to the application deadline.
- Transcripts must verify a Master of Science in Nursing conferred from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution.
- The Transcript Matching Form in the NursingCAS application is not required. This form helps ensure transcripts are matched to the correct application. If your previous institution allows you to use the form, we encourage you to do so.
- List any former names in the "Biographic Information" portion of your NursingCAS application to ensure your transcript uploads properly.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) (preferred), or another NACES member.
- You may use an official or unofficial transcript to complete your coursework entry in the NursingCAS system. You must enter all courses from every higher education institution attended.
- Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) is an optional, paid service whereby a NursingCAS specialist enters coursework on an applicant's behalf.
- PTE will not begin until all transcripts are received.
- After PTE is complete, applicants receive an email prompting them to log in and approve the entry. The application verification process will not begin without approval of transcript entry.
- Upload English Proficiency Scores to your NursingCAS application. Do not send scores to the University of Cincinnati. (This requirement is waived, if you have a U.S. higher education degree or were born in a country where English is the first language.)
International applicants are responsible for ensuring that their visa status meets program requirements and that online course requirements adhere to sponsored funding requirements. For additional information, visit the UC Graduate School International Student Admissions website.
- $300 non-refundable matriculation fee
- Current immunizations (required for all students the semester before clinicals start)
- Computer with Internet access