The application window could close early, if program capacity is reached.
|All On-Campus Programs except Adult-Gero Primary Care and Family NP
||March 2 (Priority)
April 1 (Final)
|On-Campus Adult-Gero Primary Care and Family NP (with option to take 100% of courses online)
||Oct. 25||Jan 10 (Priority)
March 2 (Final)
|March 2 (Priority)
April 1 (Final)
|Online Programs||Oct. 25
||Jan. 10 (Priority)
Feb. 3 (Final)
|March 2 (Priority)
April 1 (Final)
*Excludes Pediatric Primary Care, for which the college is not accepting applications at this time.
Our post-master's certificate online programs are approved to admit students from all states, except:
- New York
- Rhode Island
The program meets requirements for licensure in all other states. We highly recommend that applicants who reside outside of Ohio contact the appropriate state licensing agency for information and guidance before beginning the program. State licensing board contact information is available on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing site.
The college does not accept applications for the family nurse practitioner post-master's online program from the following counties:
This restriction is a result of local competition for preceptors and viable regional clinical sites in primary care. Students who reside in the above counties are encouraged to apply to our onsite programs.
All materials except official transcripts can be submitted electronically via NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs. Submit official transcripts and all documents directly to Nursing CAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471. Materials must be received by the posted deadline. If you have questions, contact our Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must submit the following in NursingCAS:
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement
- Three or more letters of recommendation (You will enter names and contact information in NursingCAS. Individuals will receive a notification inviting them to complete a recommendation for you.)
- RN license verification, downloaded from your state's RN verification website (Ohio residents, visit elicense.ohio.gov/oh_verifylicense.)
- Transcripts (submitted directly to NursingCAS) from every higher education institution attended
Following your NursingCAS application submission:
Twenty-four to 48 hours after your NursingCAS application reaches "verified" status, you will receive an email from the UC Graduate School to fill out and submit a separate application. This simple step pulls in most of your NursingCAS information. (Do not send materials already included in your NursingCAS application.) Submit this separate application, along with a $20 domestic or $25 international application fee. Once submitted, your application will move forward for review.
Additional Information for NursingCAS
- We strongly recommended you order transcripts at least one month prior to the application deadline.
- Transcripts must verify a Master of Science in Nursing conferred from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution.
- The Transcript Matching Form in the NursingCAS application is not required. This form helps ensure transcripts are matched to the correct application. If your previous institution allows you to use the form, we encourage you to do so.
- List any former names in the "Biographic Information" portion of your NursingCAS application to ensure your transcript uploads properly.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) (preferred), or another NACES member.
Are You A Former UC Student?
Former UC students applying to a UC nursing program in NursingCAS can request their UC transcript be sent directly from the College of Nursing to NursingCAS. To use this optional service, email your admissions counselor directly, or email email@example.com for a UC Transcript Request Form. (This is not the same as the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form.) You must submit a UC Transcript Request Form via email no later than three weeks before the program deadline to guarantee your request will be honored.
- This service is not available to former students applying to multiple institutions in NursingCAS or those not applying to UC in NursingCAS.
- Applicants still must send official transcripts from institutions other than UC to NursingCAS.
- This service is by request only, and applicants must submit a UC Transcript Request Form to initiate any action.
- You may use an official or unofficial transcript to complete your coursework entry in the NursingCAS system. You must enter all courses from every higher education institution attended.
- Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) is an optional, paid service whereby a NursingCAS specialist enters coursework on an applicant's behalf.
- PTE will not begin until all transcripts are received.
- After PTE is complete, applicants receive an email prompting them to log in and approve the entry. The application verification process will not begin without approval of transcript entry.
- Upload English Proficiency Scores to your NursingCAS application. (This requirement is waived, if you have a U.S. higher education degree or were born in a country where English is the first language.)
- $300 non-refundable matriculation fee
- Current immunizations (required for all students the semester before clinicals start)
- Computer with Internet access