Accelerated MSN Program Admissions
If you have questions during the application process, contact the Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to Transcript Requirements due to COVID-19
UC College of Nursing has chosen to maintain the traditional grading process, rather than offer a Pass/Fail option for Spring 2020 courses. As a result, those taking courses this semester who plan to apply for admission to the Accelerated Direct-Entry MSN should choose one of two options:
- If you have the option to choose between a letter grade or P/F on your transcript, choose to have your letter grade posted; or
- If you attend a college or university that has chosen not to list the letter grade you earned on your transcript, you will be required to submit a letter from your professor that provides the letter grade you earned in the course required for admissions. We recommend you communicate this need with your faculty now so they are prepared to provide this letter for you at the end of the term.
|Aug. 1 (Priority)
Sept. 1 (Final)
|Jan. 15 (Priority)
Feb. 15 (Final)
All application materials, including transcripts, must be submitted to NursingCAS, not the University of Cincinnati. The NursingCAS application includes instructions for ordering electronic transcripts for submission, which most institutions allow. If your institution does not allow this, request the issuing institution mail your transcripts directly to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
Materials must be received by the posted deadline. If you have questions, contact our Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-3600 or email@example.com.
Submit an application electronically at nursingcas.org, including a non-refundable $80 application fee paid to NursingCAS. You need to fill out each section in NursingCAS for your application to be considered complete.
Once your application has been completed and transcripts verified, you will receive an email notification to create an account and submit a separate, non-refundable $65 application fee ($70 for international applicants) to the University of Cincinnati. When creating an account, add NursingCAS email addresses to your safe-sender list.
Submit a minimum of three references in NursingCAS. References should come from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional skills. Be certain to inform recommenders of the deadline for receipt of credentials. You will enter contact information for identified recommenders in the NursingCAS online application.
Submit official transcripts directly to NursingCAS, not to the College of Nursing.
- Transcripts should verify your previous Bachelor's degree (in a field other than nursing), conferred from regionally accredited institutions and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for the bachelor's degree earned.
- To submit transcripts, applicants should use the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form. The Colleges Attended section of the NursingCAS application allows you to print Transcript Request Forms. NursingCAS strongly recommends that you print and advise your registrar's office to attach a Transcript Request Form to your official transcript. This form helps NursingCAS properly match your official transcripts to your NursingCAS application. If you have any previous names, please make sure to list this information within the Biographic information section and this information will be included in your transcript matching form. Note: This form is recommended, not required.
- All college transcripts, from each institution that you have attended, must be submitted to Nursing CAS; you do not need to submit your high school transcript. It is highly recommended that all applicants submit the application and request transcripts at least one month prior to the posted deadline in order to have time to follow up on any problems that might arise. Transcripts do not need to be received by Nursing CAS before you submit your application, but must be received by the posted deadline. When entering coursework in NursingCAS, you must also enter courses that are in progress or planned for future terms (if registered). Once you receive grades for these courses, you must log back into NursingCAS, add the course as a new course, and note the grade earned.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
Submit your resumes in NursingCAS. For security purposes, do not include your date of birth or Social Security number.
Submit a goal statement in NursingCAS.
To enter the program, students must achieve a grade of B-minus or above in the courses listed below from a regionally accredited institution. In addition, courses must have been completed within the past 10 years. Pharmacology must have been completed within the past year.
For students who plan to appy to begin the program in Spring 2022, human growth and development, genetics and statistics are no longer pre-requisites for admission.
|Anatomy & Physiology
|Anatomy & Physiology I and II (semesters) or I, II and III (quarters)|
Microbiology (Elementary Bacteriology)*
Pharmacology with Nursing Component***
|Nutrition for Health and Nutrition Disease****|
*If taken at the University of Cincinnati, students must first complete Anatomy & Physiology I.
**If taken at the University of Cincinnati, students must first complete Anatomy & Physiology I and II.
***If taken at the University of Cincinnati, students must first complete Pathophysiology.
****If taken at the University of Cincinnati, this requirement is satisfied with one course.
To look up how courses from other institutions transfer to UC, visit the Transfer Equivalency Database.
At times, applicants are invited for an in-person interview, following review of their application. If distance makes an onsite interview impractical, a telephone interview can be arranged.
The International Student Services Office provides assistance to international graduate students and supplies additional information upon receipt of the university application. This information addresses how to obtain a visa, anticipated expenses, health and accident insurance (required), housing and general information concerning the university, as well as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Upload English Proficiency Scores to your NursingCAS application. Do not send scores to the University of Cincinnati. (This requirement is waived, if you have a U.S. higher education degree or were born in a country where English is the first language.)
TOEFL, IELTS and Duolingo Score Requirements:
- Internet based TOEFL: 100 or higher
- Computer based TOEFL: 250 or higher
- Paper based TOEFL: 600-603
- IELTS Overall: 7.0 or higher
- Duolingo - 120 or higher
Requirements upon Acceptance
1. Submit your matriculation fee
To confirm your admission, submit the $100, non-refundable matriculation fee by the deadline indicated on your admission letter. Please note: Some newly admitted students must submit their fee as soon as two business days after they are accepted to the program.
2. Submit your prerequisite course grades
The deadline to submit prerequisite course grades is set for each semester by the University of Cincinnati. To find this deadline, refer to your admission letter, or follow these steps:
- Go to UC's Academic Calendars page.
- Choose the relevant semester calendar (Students admitted in the spring will refer to the fall calendar. Students admitted in the summer will refer to the spring calendar.)
- Select "Dates and Deadlines Calendar."
- Scroll down the page to "Full Academic Session" and open the "Enrollment Deadlines" drop-down to find the grading deadline.