Class Permissions Request
Most courses offered by the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing are restricted to allow only matriculated students in a UC College of Nursing program to register based on an approved plan of study for the student.
Students who are attempting to add a select class offered by the College of Nursing — but are receiving an error message — may follow the Class Permissions Procedures to override the error. If permissions are granted, they will override a closed class, requisites not met, department consent required, instructor consent required and late adds.
Learn more about Class Permission Procedures and access the online Class Permission Request Form.
Visiting students (also referred to as non-matriculated students) must establish an open record prior to submitting the online Class Permission Request Form. Access the Registration for Visiting Students page to learn how to establish an open student record prior to submitting the online Class Permission Request Form.
Pre-Accelerated Direct-Entry MSN and Interdisciplinary Nursing Prep students may submit requests for the below undergraduate level courses (permission is not guaranteed):
- NBSN2105: Pathophysiology and Pharmacology for Nursing I
- NBSN2106: Pathophysiology and Pharmacology for Nursing I
- NBSN2107: Nutrition in Health Care
Pertaining to class permission requests for graduate courses, students may submit requests for the below courses (permission is not guaranteed):
- NURS7043: Telehealth Innovation and Delivery Models
- NURS7044: Clinical Application in Telehealth
- NURS8002: Theoretical Basis for Clinical Reasoning
- NURS8004: Biostatistics for Evidence-based Practice
- NURS8006: Research and Best Evidence for Clinical Reasoning
- NURS8008: Healthcare Policy for the Advanced Practice Nurse
- NURS8020C: Advanced Health Assessment
- NURS8022: Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
- NURS8024: Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nurses
Please allow 3 to 5 business days for a response for any submitted Class Permission Request Form. If needed, to follow up on a submitted class permission request after 5 business days, email email@example.com.