PhD in Nursing Research
Our PhD in Nursing prepares you to advance the science and practice of the nursing profession. Working closely with faculty advisors, students tackle complex health care questions and become an expert in the field with the ability to assume leadership roles in a variety of academic and clinical settings.
The rich learning environment of our program includes:
- Scholarship and funding opportunities
- One-on-one mentorship with experienced research faculty
- Interprofessional collaboration opportunities through the Academic Health Center and university at large
- Strong research support through our Institute for Nursing Research and Scholarship
- Small cohorts that promote collegiality, stimulating dialogue and scholarly growth
- The option to add a Nurse Educator Certificate to your degree
The program accepts bachelor's- and master's-prepared nurses, along with individuals with a master's degree in a science-related field.
March 1, 2020
Nurse Educator Certificate
If teaching nurses is part of your career plan, learn about program development, assessment, evaluation and other aspects of the educational process by adding a Nurse Educator Certificate to your degree.
The certificate requires only four online courses (12 credit hours) in addition to your curriculum to gain skills that will prepare you as a future educational leader in academic settings.
Contact the Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-8400 or email@example.com.