RN to BSN Admissions
|Nov. 1||March 1||July 1|
How to Apply
Note: If you are UC Blue Ash or transfer student, view application instructions at the bottom of this page.
1. Submit an Online Application
Go to NursingCAS.org, set up a new account with a username and password and complete your online application.
2. Submit Additional Items
- $50 application fee
- Transcripts from all post-secondary programs, submitted directly to NursingCAS (The NursingCAS application includes instructions for ordering electronic transcripts for submission, which most institutions allow. If your previous institution does not allow this, request the issuing institution to mail transcripts directly to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.)
3. Confirm Your Admission
- Create your UC Admissions Decision account. (When your application reaches verified status in NursingCAS, you will receive instructions via email to create your account.)
- Submit the $100 enrollment deposit.
Are You A Former UC Student?
Former UC students applying to a UC nursing program in NursingCAS can request their UC transcript be sent directly from the College of Nursing to NursingCAS. To use this optional service, email your admissions counselor directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a UC Transcript Request Form. (This is not the same as the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form.) You must submit a UC Transcript Request Form via email no later than three weeks before the program deadline to guarantee your request will be honored.
- This service is not available to former students applying to multiple institutions in NursingCAS or those not applying to UC in NursingCAS.
- Applicants still must send official transcripts from institutions other than UC to NursingCAS.
- This service is by request only, and applicants must submit a UC Transcript Request Form to initiate any action.
Admissions Changes due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing is offering early admission to its RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) online program. Recent graduates of an associate degree in nursing (ADN) program within the past four months with a temporary license from their state can apply for admission.
Admitted students must pass the NCLEX prior to graduation, or as required by omnibus legislation related to COVID-19, which allows recent nursing graduates to obtain a temporary license to practie prior to passing the licensure exam. Temporary licenses expire either 90 days after the duration of the COVID-19 emergency or 90 days after Dec. 1, 2020 (depending on which comes first).
For more information, contact Zhané Broomfield, Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com.
Contact the Office of Student Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-558-8400.
As a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing is unable to accept applications for our distance learning RN to BSN program from students residing in the following states:
- Rhode Island
UC Blue Ash Students
UC Blue Ash Students must complete an application for re-admission.