The application window for programs could close early, if maximum capacity is reached.
|Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (Onsite)||N/A||N/A
|Onsite and Hybrid Programs (except Neonatal Nurse Practitioner)||Sept. 1 (Priority)
Oct. 15 (Final)
|Online Programs||Sept. 1 (Priority)
Oct. 15 (Final)
Online Programs: Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Family Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Administration, Nurse Midwifery, Women's Health
On-Campus/Hybrid Programs: Adult-Gerontology Acute Care, Neonatal, Pediatric Acute Care. Due to state nursing board regulations and onsite visit requirements, these programs are limited to residents of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and require on-campus visits.
Online Applicant Notice
As a result of state boards of nursing and the U.S. Department of Education's higher education regulation changes, UC College of Nursing cannot accept applications for our online programs from students who live in the following states:
- New York
- Rhode Island
Washington: The University of Cincinnati is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in the state of Washington for Adult- Gerontology Primary Care, Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate, Nursing Administration, Nurse Midwifery, Psychiatric-Mental Health and Women's Health programs.
Cincinnati Metro-Area Residents
Individuals who reside in the following counties seeking admission to the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care or Family Nurse Practitioner programs must apply using the Cincinnati Metro application in NursingCAS. Students in these onsite programs can complete 100% of their coursework online.
- Ohio - Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren counties
- Kentucky - Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties
Work Experience Requirements
Experience requirements vary by specialty program. For details, view respective program pages.
- Current, active, unrestricted RN license
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an ACEN- (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE-accredited nursing school.
- For most programs, at least 1 year of RN experience at the time of application
- Overall BSN GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (recommended)
- Science GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (not required for Nursing Administration program applicants)
- Statistics course with a 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
All application materials, including transcripts, must be submitted to NursingCAS, not the University of Cincinnati. The NursingCAS application includes instructions for ordering electronic transcripts for submission, which most institutions allow. If your institution does not allow this, request the issuing institution mail your transcripts directly to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
Materials must be received by the posted deadline. If you have questions, contact our Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-8400 or email@example.com.
Applicants must submit the following in NursingCAS:
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement
- Three or more letters of recommendation (You will enter names and contact information in NursingCAS. Individuals will receive a notification inviting them to complete a recommendation for you.)
- RN license verification, downloaded from your state's RN verification website (Ohio residents, visit elicense.ohio.gov/oh_verifylicense.)
- Transcripts (submitted directly to NursingCAS) from every higher education institution attended
Following your NursingCAS application submission:
Twenty-four to 48 hours after your NursingCAS application reaches "verified" status, you will receive an email from the UC Graduate School to fill out and submit a separate application. This simple step pulls in most of your NursingCAS information. (Do not send materials already included in your NursingCAS application.) Submit this separate application, along with a $65 domestic or $70 international application fee. Once submitted, your application will move forward for review.
Additional Information for NursingCAS
- We strongly recommended you order transcripts at least one month prior to the application deadline.
- Transcripts must verify a Bachelor of Science in Nursing conferred from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution.
- The Transcript Matching Form in the NursingCAS application is not required. This form helps ensure transcripts are matched to the correct application. If your previous institution allows you to use the form, we encourage you to do so.
- List any former names in the "Biographic Information" portion of your NursingCAS application to ensure your transcript uploads properly.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) (preferred), or another NACES member.
Are You A Former UC Student?
Former UC students applying to a UC nursing program in NursingCAS can request their UC transcript be sent directly from the College of Nursing to NursingCAS. To use this optional service, email your admissions counselor directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a UC Transcript Request Form. (This is not the same as the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form.) You must submit a UC Transcript Request Form via email no later than three weeks before the program deadline to guarantee your request will be honored.
- This service is not available to former students applying to multiple institutions in NursingCAS or those not applying to UC in NursingCAS.
- Applicants still must send official transcripts from institutions other than UC to NursingCAS.
- This service is by request only, and applicants must submit a UC Transcript Request Form to initiate any action.
- You may use an official or unofficial transcript to complete your coursework entry in the NursingCAS system. You must enter all courses from every higher education institution attended.
- Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) is an optional, paid service whereby a NursingCAS specialist enters coursework on an applicant's behalf.
- PTE will not begin until all transcripts are received.
- After PTE is complete, applicants receive an email prompting them to log in and approve the entry. The application verification process will not begin without approval of transcript entry.
- Upload English Proficiency Scores to your NursingCAS application. Do not send scores to the University of Cincinnati. (This requirement is waived, if you have a U.S. higher education degree or were born in a country where English is the first language.)
International applicants are responsible for ensuring that their visa status meets program requirements and that online course requirements adhere to sponsored funding requirements. For additional information, visit the UC Graduate School International Student Admissions website.
- $300 non-refundable matriculation fee
- Current immunizations (required for all students the semester before clinical experiences begin)
- Computer with Internet access