Training & Professional Development
Additional training resources are available to best prepare you for your role as a preceptor of a University of Cincinnati student. These resources include:
- Guidance on utilizing our clinical documentation platform (eMedley).
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) video vignettes on topics such as working with overly sensitive or overly confident students, precepting in a busy clinic and precepting specific student populations, such as students enrolled in pediatric, primary care and acute care programs.
- The American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) provides professional resources for preceptors of Nurse-Midwifery and Nurse Practitioner students.
- The American Organization of Nursing Leadership (AONL) created the Nurse Manager Competencies and Nurse Executive Competencies, which captures the skills, knowledge, and abilities that guide the practice of nurse leaders.
- The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Advanced Nursing Education Workforce (ANEW) project, Academic Practice Partnerships Today for Competent Practitioners Tomorrow, at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro School of Nursing has developed 17 one-credit continuing professional development modules as part of the grant’s mission to enhance preceptor development. These eLearning Modules cover a wide range of topics to include mental health, older adult health, preceptor development, chronic health conditions and pain management. All the continuing education (CE) modules have been approved by North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.