If you have questions, contact our Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-8400 or email@example.com.
Application windows could close sooner, if maximum capacity has been reached.
|Oct. 25||N/A||March 2 (Priority)
April 1 (Final)
|Oct. 25||Jan. 10 (Priority)
March 2 (Final)
|March 2 (Priority)
April 1 (Final)
Federal and state regulations prevent the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing from accepting applications for our online graduate certificate programs from students residing in the following states:
- New York
- Rhode Island
Submit all materials, except official transcripts, electronically via NursingCAS, the online application service for nursing programs. Send official transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471. (Do not send documents to the College of Nursing.) NursingCAS must receive all items by the posted deadline.
Complete and submit your application electronically at NursingCAS. The application includes a one-time, non-refundable fee of $70, paid to NursingCAS. Once your application is complete and transcripts verified, you will be notified via email to create an account and submit a separate, non-refundable $20 (domestic) or $25 (international) fee to the University of Cincinnati.
When creating an account, add all NursingCAS email addresses to your safe sender list. You must fill out each section in NursingCAS to complete the application.
You must have earned a bachelor's degree in a health-related field from an accredited institution.
You must have earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution. If available, you can also submit evidence of an active, unrestricted RN license for the state in which you practice.
You must submit official transcripts to NursingCAS (not to UC) from every post-secondary institution attended. (You do not need to submit your high school transcript.) For admission to the Nurse Educator Certificate program, you must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for your Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Notes on Transcript Submission
- You are encouraged to request your transcripts at least one month prior to the posted deadline to allow time to address any issues before the posted deadline.
- To submit transcripts, you are encouraged to use the NursingCAS transcript matching form. The "Colleges Attended" section of the application allows you to print transcript request forms. NursingCAS recommends applicants print the form and advise their registrar's office to attach it to their official transcript. This form aids NursingCAS in properly matching your official transcripts to your application. If you have a previous name, list this information within the "Biographic Information" section, and it will be included on your form. Note: This form is recommended, but not required.
Are you a former UC student?
Former UC students applying to a UC nursing program in NursingCAS can request their UC transcript be sent directly from the College of Nursing to NursingCAS. To use this optional service, email your admissions counselor directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a UC Transcript Request Form. (This is not the same as the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form.) You must submit a UC Transcript Request Form via email no later than three weeks before the program deadline to guarantee your request will be honored.
- This service is not available to former students applying to multiple institutions in NursingCAS or those not applying to UC in NursingCAS.
- Applicants still must send official transcripts from institutions other than UC to NursingCAS.
- This service is by request only, and applicants must submit a UC Transcript Request Form to initiate any action.
International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). Satisfactory TOEFL scores for non-native English-speaking international students:
- Internet based TOEFL: 100 or higher
- Computer based TOEFL: 250 or higher
- Paper based TOEFL: 600-603
- IELTS Overall: 7.0 or higher
Submit your resume in NursingCAS. For security purposes, do not include your date of birth or Social Security number.
Submit in NursingCAS a goal statement between 500 - 750 words.
Submit references in NursingCAS. A minimum of three, or up to six references, from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional skills. You will enter contact information for your recommenders during the application process. Be sure to inform those individuals of the submission deadline.