Financial Aid & Scholarships

Find information on financial aid eligibility and scholarship offerings at the college and beyond.

Financial Aid

Students in master's or doctoral graduate programs are encouraged to fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If already completed, access the "Check My Aid" link on the application page to check your status. For further assistance, contact our OneStop student service center at 513-556-1000, or email

Students in certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid and should not fill out a FAFSA form. Students enrolled in these programs typically pay for tuition independently, or receive support from employer-based assistance programs and/or external scholarships.

Tuition Payment Plans

Payment plans offer you the ability to spread tuition and fees payments across a semester. To learn more, visit the Catalyst Student Portal. Enter your login information and, under the "My Finances" tab at the top of the page, choose the "Billing Information" drop down and select "Payment Plan Enrollment."


The Office of Student Affairs has compiled a list of scholarship opportunities to get you started. Connect with external organizations independently to determine criteria, deadlines and award timelines for scholarships offered. All scholarships listed are external, national scholarships, unless otherwise noted.

To search for scholarships offered by the university, visit the Student Financial Aid Scholarship Search database.

Note: If eligible, you received GIA/GAS funding information in your admission letter or a separate email.

Other Opportunities

Veteran Education Benefits

If you are a veteran, you could qualify for Veteran Educational Benefits or GI Bill funding. For information on utilizing your benefits at the University of Cincinnati, visit the Veterans Programs and Services benefits page. General information for veterans is available in UC's Veterans Programs & Services section.

Nurse Faculty Loan Program

Students enrolled in a master's or doctoral program who intend to secure full-time employment as a nurse educator after graduation could qualify for the college's Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP), funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration's Bureau of Health Professionals. This program aims to increase the number of qualified nursing faculty.

Loans have an annual limit of $35,000 for a maximum of five years. Students can use the loans to cover the cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, and other reasonable education expenses. After graduation, up to 85 percent of the loan principal and interest will be canceled in exchange for the recipients service as a full-time nursing faculty at a school of nursing.