As a new RN-BSN online student, you will go through an online orientation session.
Much like an online course, the online orientation session will include multiple learning modules that can be completed at your own pace on the following topics:
- College of Nursing policies and procedures
- Contacts for your specific program
- Technology requirements
Complete Your Online Orientation
You will receive an invitation from your advisor with a link to access the CANVAS orientation. Follow these instructions to complete your online orientation:
- Click on the link in the invitation.
- Sign into CANVAS with your user name and password. (Don't have a username and password? Go to onestop.uc.edu/information and choose the red box that says "Get My Username/UCID.") Once signed into the platform, you will be redirected to your orientation.
- Watch the welcome video from the dean on the homepage.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, choose "Modules" to see the rest of the orientation content.
- Start the orientation by choosing the top link titled "Overview of Academics by RN-BSN Program Director Rebecca Lee."
- Choose "Next" in the bottom right of the screen when you are finished to enter the next page.
- Once completed, CANVAS will send your advisor a message that you have completed the RN to BSN orientation. Afterward, your advisor will remove the advising block and send you directions and course information for registration.