Undergraduate and Accelerated Pre-Licensure Preceptor Awards
UC College of Nursing's Preceptor Awards recognize outstanding and exemplary clinical practitioners and partners who demonstrate an enthusiasm for the preceptor role and whose commitment to teaching, learning, and leading in the clinical environment inspires the next generation of registered nurses.
Preceptor Award recipients are nominated by UC College of Nursing pre-licensure students enrolled in our undergraduate and accelerated programs. Two recipients are chosen and recognized with a plaque and monetary award.
Nominate a Preceptor
We're accepting nominations through May 1! Nominees must have served as a preceptor within the past 12 months and demonstrate the following qualities:
- Commitment to serving as a University of Cincinnati preceptor (measured by number of students precepted across semesters)
- Receptive to students' needs in the clinical environment
- Shares expertise and passion with the next generation of registered nurses
- Professionalism, leadership, and management skills
- Positive role model with well-developed interpersonal skills
As part of its Preceptor Awards program, UC College of Nursing also recognizes clinical sites that go above and beyond to provide clinical placement opportunities for UC students in our pre-licensure nursing programs. UC College of Nursing selects a site for the recognition, based on several factors:
- Evaluations of the site from students
- A demonstrated willingness to collaborate with UC faculty and staff
- Sustained commitment to UC's pre-licensure nursing students
Clinical sites chosen for the award will receive a plaque to display in their organization.