Nursing Administration : Online
Why study Nursing Administration : Online?
Health care is more complex than ever before, and that complexity requires nurse leaders to have a solid, evidenced-based practice and decision-making framework to lead the design, implementation and evaluation of health care services offered to individuals, populations, and/or communities.
Unlike non-clinical-based graduate administration programs, our Master of Science in Nursing Administration prepares graduates to leverage evidence-based practice and decision-making to:
- Apply theories and analytics models in nursing administration and organizational management to nursing administration practice
- Implement the best available evidence into practice for improved outcomes in health care, leadership and management practice
- Use evidence to plan, manage and evaluate health care programs for individuals and populations in a variety of settings
- Use change theories to manage complex issues in health care and leadership
- Lead and support those providing care in health care settings
This flexible program is taught online asynchronously, which means you don’t need to be present for classes at specific times.
Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited nursing school and one year of work experience as a registered nurse. For more details, visit Admissions.
Graduates of this specialty meet educational requirements to take exams for national certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or American Organization of Nurse Leaders as a Nurse Executive (NE-BC), Nurse Executive, Advanced (NEA-BC) or Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML), or in Executive Nursing Practice Essentials (CENPE).
Nurse leaders often work in hospital or health care systems and in community settings and take on a wide breadth of responsibility related to clinical care delivery, quality improvement, legal and regulatory compliance, financial and human resource management, health policy advocacy and more.
For application deadlines, visit Admissions.
3110 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0038
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 29MAS-NADM-MSN-.NADM-DL