Systems Leadership : Online
Why study Systems Leadership : Online?
UC's Systems Leadership DNP online program prepares nurses to lead and transform practice using evidence and effective collaboration in a variety of roles across complex health care systems. The DNP elevates nurses to a similar education level as the peers with whom they work — physicians, pharmacists, physical therapists and others.
UC's Systems Leadership DNP online program equips nurses with the tools needed to strategically understand health care from different scopes and lenses, creating a broad knowledge base that propels growth within organizations. Our graduates are prepared to:
- Use analytical methods to critically appraise existing evidence to ensure the implementation and evaluation of evidence in practice and decision-making
- Design, implement and evaluate outcomes of practice, practice patterns and systems of care within a practice setting, health care organization, system or community
- Guide the development of a well-prepared clinical and leadership workforce
- Lead the development and implementation of institutional, local, state, federal and/or international health policy
- Utilize interprofessional collaboration to achieve organizational or system goals
At least one year experience working as a nurse is preferred for admission. Nurses who do not have a year of clinical experience can enter the program on a part-time basis and begin didactic courses while continuing to gain work experience.
For more details, visit the DNP Admissions page.
Graduates of UC's Systems Leadership DNP online program meet educational requirements to take exams for national certification. These nurses often work in hospital or health care systems or in community settings and take on a wide breadth of responsibility related to clinical care delivery, quality improvement, legal and regulatory compliance, financial and human resource management, health policy advocacy, and more.
UC's graduate programs admit students on a rolling basis and application windows close when programs reach capacity. For deadlines, visit the DNP Admissions page.
3110 Vine St.
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0038
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 29DOC-NADM-DNP-.NADM-DL