Become a Social/Behavioral Interview Rater
UC College of Nursing is the oldest baccalaureate program in nursing with a long history of academic and clinical excellence. The success of our programs depends on our ability to recruit and retain the most capable candidates. For this reason, we are looking for candidates who can perform well academically, as well as successfully navigate the challenging road to becoming a great nurse.
The college uses a social/behavioral interviewing process that identifies non-cognitive indicators linked to specific desired attributes as part of our admission processes for our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program and the highly competitive Nurse Anesthesia Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
We need your help! The success of our programs depends on our ability to recruit and retain the most capable candidates. We are recruiting raters from the UC community, along with community partners outside the university to help find out future nurse leaders. No prior interviewing, nursing or health care experience is necessary to serve as a rater, as you can complete the required training online.
Raters will review and evaluate pre-recorded responses from our applicants, so you do not need to be local to participate!
- No specific background is needed to serve as a rater
- Choose how much time you commit
- Assess the video-taped interviews when convenient for you
How to Participate
- If you have not yet served as an Interview Rater you must complete the Interview Rater Training. At the end of the training you’ll be prompted to sign up to serve as an Interview Rater.
- If you have previously served as an Interview Rater you can bypass the training and sign up to serve.
Please do not sign up for sessions prior to completing the training.
For more information, contact Krista Maddox, Sr. Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, at Krista.Maddox@uc.edu.