File an Incident Report
In the College of Nursing (CoN), we are actively working to create an inclusive culture where every member of our community has a sense of belonging and the opportunity to thrive. We have created this reporting tool as a mechanism for members of our community to report incidents to the CoN. If you need support or guidance in preparing your incident report, you are welcome to talk with a trusted student, staff, or faculty member.
Generally, an incident is when a member of our College of Nursing community (student, staff or faculty) has an experience of unfair or poor treatment, discrimination, invalidation or disenfranchisement based on their actual or perceived:
- National origin
- Citizenship or immigration status
- Socioeconomic status
- Religious practice
- Ability (physical, psychological and cognitive)
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Parenting and/or pregnancy status
- Veteran status
- Student, staff, or faculty status within the University Community
These incidents can range from verbal insults to physical harm. If the reported incident includes physical or sexual harm, both the University of Cincinnati Police Department and the Title IX office will be made aware of the report.
- If you have provided your contact information, you will receive an email confirmation within 3 business days that the report was received.
- The report is automatically sent to the following Equal Opportunity Coordinators: College of Nursing Dean, Associate Dean for Inclusion and Community Impact, and Senior HR Manager.
- The report will be reviewed to determine if it needs to be routed to a higher level within the university (i.e. Title IX, Ohio Equal Opportunity Act, Student Code of Conduct). If the findings determine that it should be routed to other entities in the university, one of the Equal Opportunity Coordinators will contact the necessary parties.
- If you have provided your contact information, an Equal Opportunity Coordinator will follow up with you within 3 business days.
- The Equal Opportunity Coordinators will consult with the impacted individuals (if there is sufficient contact information) to further discuss the incident and advise on appropriate university entities to engage with regarding the incident (e.g., Academic Unit Head, Ombudsperson).
- If the incident is anonymously submitted, the Equal Opportunity Coordinators will do due diligence to respond to the incident based on information in the report.
- All reported incidents will be maintained in a log and will be used to create a year-end summary report. To protect those reporting, details of individual reports will not be shared widely.
Incident Reporting Form
You have the option to submit anonymously; your identity is only required if you wish to receive follow-up communication. You are also welcome to seek support and guidance from a trusted student, staff, or faculty member in preparing your incident report.
All reported incidents where follow-up is requested will be followed up on within 3 business days.
Please note, this incident reporting tool is not meant to replace reporting to current offices such as Gender Equity and Inclusion (Title IX), Office of Equal Opportunity & Access (OEOA), and Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards. If you would like to also document the incident at the university level, you are welcome and encouraged to do so. If the reported incident includes physical or sexual harm, both the University of Cincinnati Police Department and the Title IX office will be made aware of the report.
Report an Incident
Please complete this form to report your bias related incident within the College of Nursing.