Become an MMI Rater
UC College of Nursing is the oldest baccalaureate program in nursing with a long history of academic and clinical excellence. The success of our programs depends on our ability to recruit and retain the most capable candidates. For this reason, we are looking for candidates who can perform well academically, as well as successfully navigate the challenging road to becoming a great nurse.
The college uses Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) – a research-based interviewing process that identifies non-cognitive indicators linked to specific desired attribute as part of our admission process for the Nurse Anesthesia program, a highly competitive Doctorate of Nursing Practice program. This process is also being used in our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, as well as in several medical schools throughout the country, including the UC College of Medicine.
We need your help! The success of our programs depends on our ability to recruit and retain the most capable candidates. We are recruiting raters from the UC community, along with community partners outside the university to help find out future nurse leaders. No prior interviewing, nursing or health care experience is necessary to serve as a rater.
Interviews will not be conducted in-person. Rather, the College of Nursing will obtain one-way, pre-recorded responses from our applicants that you will review and rate. Therefore, you do not need to be local to participate!
- No specific background is needed to serve as a MMI Rater
- You choose how much time you commit
- Because responses are recorded, you can assess the video-taped interviews when convenient for you
- You will evaluate the same prompt for all candidates you rate
- You can complete the required training online prior to signing up
How to Participate
1. View the instructions to access the online training course to become a MMI rater.
2. At the end of the training, follow instructions to sign up for the dates/times that work best for you to serve as rater.
If you have already completed the UC College of Nursing MMI Rater Training, fill out this sign up form. Please do not sign up for sessions prior to completing the training.
For more information, contact Krista Maddox, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, at Krista.Maddox@uc.edu.