Undergraduate & Accelerated Direct-Entry MSN Students
Information on this page is current as of June 17, 2020.
Classes & Instructional Meetings
Course instruction is online through the Summer 2020 semester. Students should have received further instructions on Canvas related to how to attend classes at their regularly scheduled times.
All testing is online/virtual through the Summer 2020 semester. As Examity had to shut down a major part of their proctoring operations due to COVID-19, UC has replaced it with Honorlock. For instructions, please check Honorlock Online Proctoring for Students, which provides resources for setting up your test-taking environment and Honorlock testing guidelines. Please also watch a video on how to use Honorlock Universal in Canvas.
The University of Cincinnati has announced a plan for students to return to campus Aug. 24 for the fall 2020 semester. For more information, including details about the university's expanded health and safety measures, visit Return to Campus.
Lab & Clinicals
All in-person clinical experiences are suspended. Students are not expected to be in hospitals, clinical settings or the College of Nursing. Your clinical/course faculty will contact you about simulated clinical experiences. This decision was made to limit the spread of COVID-19, reduce the strain on our clinical partners and their PPE supplies and respond to recent increases in cases. The college is working on a plan for simulated, synchronous clinical case simulations that meet the Ohio Board of Nursing Law and Rule. In a statement issued by the Ohio Board of Nursing, nursing programs are encouraged to exercise creative options using online simulation.
Co-op students should not continue working with UCMC's or Cincinnati Children's' preceptors for the remainder of the semester.
Students who are working independently as PCAs/CNAs need to consult their employers regarding any potential restrictions/considerations.
Resources & Support
The College of Nursing's student advisors are available by virtual appointment. If you have concerns about completing your coursework in an online format, please reach out to your professors or advisor.
These areas are closed until further notice:
- First-floor simulation lab
- Third-floor simulation lab
- All campus libraries
Emily Kean, the CON Librarian, has virtual office hours on Mondays from 10 a.m. to noon and Tuesdays from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Faculty, staff and students can schedule a meeting with her, or drop into her virtual office during office hours.
Other Help Resources:
- UC's COVID-19 Resources includes how to access Bearcats Food pantry and UC's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).
- Student FAQ includes information on advising and registration, health and wellness and academic support. Below are links to some of these resources:
- Emotional Wellness & Mental Health Resources
- CampusLink - virtual student events
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO) - an interactive, web-based self-help program with online and mobile tools to help overcome the day-to-day challenges of stressors like anxiety, depression or other concerns.
- BetterHelp Online Counseling - convenient and affordable access to a licensed therapist anytime, anywhere, through a computer, tablet or smartphone (at no cost to students with UC Health Insurance and $40-$70 a week for students with private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid)
- CAPS 24/7 phone crisis support at 513-556-0648 (Press 1 to talk to a counselor.)
- Bearcat Emergency Fund
- UC UHS Student Support Fund
- Bearcats Pantry
- UC Learning Commons - virtual learning support
- Center for Integrative Health and Wellness
- Housing FAQ includes information on moving out of campus housing, along with instructions on how to request permission to continue living on campus
- Free month of U-Haul storage with valid college ID
- COVID-19 Incomplete ("I") Grade Procedure for Spring 2020 RN-BSN Students
- Message to Students from Program Director Rebecca Lee (PDF)
- For additional information on course withdrawal, "I" grades and academic transcripts, view these key UC updates for Spring 2020 (PDF).