Applying for Spring 2019 Admission? Please Read Carefully
NursingCAS, the online platform used to apply for our graduate programs, will undergo scheduled maintenance in August. For this reason, you must either:
- Submit your application and fee by Aug. 15, and ensure additional materials (transcripts from all higher education institutions attended and references) are received by Sept. 21; or
- If you cannot meet the aforementioned deadlines, wait to submit your application and fee between Aug. 16 and Oct. 1.
If you submit your application and fee in NursingCAS on or before Aug. 15, but do not meet the Sept. 21 deadline for additional materials, your application will be canceled and you will be required to re-submit your application and fee.
For more information, contact NursingCAS Customer Service at 617-612-2880, M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
If you have questions, contact our Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-8400 or email@example.com.
- All materials except official transcripts can be submitted electronically via NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs: http://nursingcas.org. Please submit official transcript(s) from every post-secondary institution attended to: NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
- All documents (transcripts, letters of reference) should be sent directly to NursingCAS, not the College of Nursing. Each of these items MUST be received by NursingCAS on the posted deadline.
The graduate certificate in Nursing Education admits every semester. Apply by Oct. 1, 2018, for Spring 2019 admission.
As a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing will no longer be accepting applications for our online Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education from students residing in the following states:
- New York
- NursingCAS online application
The application must be submitted electronically at http://nursingcas.org, including a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $70, paid to NursingCAS. Once your application has been completed and transcripts verified, you will be notified via email to create an account and submit a separate, non-refundable $20 (domestic) or $25 (international) application fee to the University of Cincinnati. When creating an account, please add NursingCAS email addresses to your safe sender list. You need to fill out each section in NursingCAS in order to have a complete application.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution.
- Copy of RN License (optional)
If available, applicants can submit evidence of an active, unrestricted RN license for the state in which they are practicing nursing.
- Official transcripts (sent directly to NursingCAS, NOT to the College of Nursing)
We require submission of official transcripts from every institution of higher education ever attended. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree conferred official transcript must be received and verified by the application deadline. The BSN degree must be conferred from a regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institution with a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. (A comparable level of achievement is expected for other grading systems.) All college transcripts, from each institution that you have attended, must be submitted to Nursing CAS; you do not need to submit your high school transcript. It is highly recommended that all applicants submit the application and request transcripts at least one month prior to the posted deadline in order to have time to follow up on any problems that might arise. Transcripts do not need to be received by Nursing CAS before you submit your application but must be received by the posted deadline.
To submit transcripts, applicants are strongly encouraged to use the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form. The Colleges Attended section of the NursingCAS application allows you to print Transcript Request Forms. NursingCAS strongly recommends that you print and advise your registrar's office to attach a Transcript Request Form to your official transcript. This form helps NursingCAS properly match your official transcripts to your NursingCAS application. If you have any previous names, please make sure to list this information within the Biographic information section and this information will be included in your transcript matching form. Please note if the registrar does not accept this form, it is only recommended, not required.
International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES). Satisfactory TOEFL score for non-native English-speaking international students:
Internet based TOEFL: 100 or higher
Computer based TOEFL: 250 or higher
Paper based TOEFL: 600-603
IELTS Overall: 7.0 or higher
- Resume (submitted via NursingCAS online application) for security purposes, please do not include your DOB or SSN.
- Goal Statement of 500 words (submitted via NursingCAS online application)
- References (submitted via NursingCAS online application)
A minimum of one reference is required; we will accept up to six. References should come from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional skills. Be certain to inform persons who provide recommendations of the deadline for receipt of credentials. You will enter contact information for identified recommenders during the NursingCAS online application.