- One $6,000 full-time scholarship and two $3,000 full- or part-time scholarships will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be full or part-time (on-site) graduate students in the nurse practitioner program;
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years experience working as a registered nurse;
- Applicants must provide evidence of satisfactory educational achievements;
- Applicants will be asked to describe personal and professional motivations to become a nurse practitioner;
- Applicants will be asked to describe professional competencies that will contribute to their role as a nurse practitioner;
- Applicants must agree to a personal interview upon the request of the scholarship committee.
Applicants will be required, if selected for a scholarship, to submit a formal letter of acknowledgment to the benefactor and attend the annual Scholarship Benefactor Dinner.Finalists will be chosen by the scholarship committee from the pool of applicants and personal letters of recommendation will be solicited by the program directors on behalf of the finalists. These awards are renewable for one additional year upon demonstration of satisfactory academic performance.
- The recipient of the $6,000 scholarship will be a full-time nurse practitioner student and will demonstrate superior competence in the areas of:
- Communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving