Online Technology Services
Center for Academic Technologies and Educational Resources
Your College of Nursing Center for Academic Technologies and Educational Resources (CATER) facilitates maximizing the use of educational technology used in the College of Nursing.
CATER operates a Service Desk that serves the College of Nursing community. We want to serve as your first point of contact for all technology related issues. That said, there are systems and processes that we don't control or have the ability to change. For example, if you experiencing a Blackboard issue, it is likely we won't be able to address the issue directly, but we are happy (and would prefer) to help facilitate the resolution working with the appropriate technical groups on campus.
- Phone: (513) 558-5205
- Email: CaterHelp@uc.edu for questions or comments or CaterRequest@uc.edu if you are experiencing a specific problem (this email will automatically generate a support ticket)
If you need assistance during off hours or on the weekend, please contact the UCit Help Desk or email CATER. Also, check the CoN Technology & Educational Resources Blackboard organization for announcements if you suspect a system outage and system-wide issue - we will post updates and information as available.
Lynda.com is a UC-licensed online video-training library that has more than 1,400 software, career development and technology training titles that you can access from anywhere using an Internet browser and your UC login credentials.
Lynda’s video courses are taught by industry experts, working professionals and veteran teachers. The library features software from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Blackboard, Facebook, Google, HTML, Microsoft, Open Source, SPSS, Twitter and many more that allow users to learn the latest tools and techniques in business, digital media, design and development.
The service is FREE and is open to currently registered students, faculty and staff. As a student, you can:
- Take Lynda.com tutorials to help with coursework.
- Learn techniques for your own projects.
- Build tech skills to boost your resume.
Learn software, creative and business skills.
- High-quality, professional video production
- Engaging instructors, carefully chosen for their expertise
- Anywhere learning on Macs, PCs, tablets and smartphones
- Unlimited access to all 1,521 courses (more added every week)
UCIT Help Desk
The UCIT Help Desk provides support for data and phone communications as well as all computing concerns for the faculty, staff, and students of UC.
- Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Phone: 513-556-HELP (4357) or 866-397-3382
- Email: HelpDesk@uc.edu
In conjunction with UC Information Technologies (UCIT), CATER is providing virtual computers for all students in the college. Using a simple piece of software, students can access a UCVLABS virtual computer using your personal device any time, day or night, on campus or off.
These virtual computers provide access to a large library of UC-owned software such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.), SPSS, Adobe Creative Suite, MindView, and SAS among others. They are the exact same computers used in Procter Hall common areas.
Two Key Benefits of Virtual Computers:
- Standardized UC Environment - by using a UC Virtual Computer to access UC resources (Blackboard, online testing, online videos, etc.) you will experience fewer problems related to browser type/version or configuration settings on your computer.
- Access to Software - many licensing agreements only allow software to be installed on UC owned computers or cost prevents distribution to individual students on their personal device(s). By using a UC Virtual Computer you will have access to a large library of software titles anytime, anywhere.