RN to BSN Online Program
Why Choose Our RN to BSN Online Program?
UC College of Nursing has a strong network of alumni who have become successful leaders in the nursing profession. Our accredited online RN to BSN program offers flexibility and affordability - allowing you to take your nursing career to the next level. Through our program, you will have access to leading faculty and the extensive resources offered by the university.
Through excellent faculty and extensive resources, this flexible online program expedites the transition from associate or diploma degree to the baccalaureate degree in nursing.
With over 40 years of experience in serving the needs of the professional nurse, the RN to BSN program offers direction from award-winning faculty that have first-hand knowledge of experience specific to this curriculum or have participated in online educational experiences. Student success is facilitated by guidance from student affairs and academic advising personnel as well as access to the university-based library and technology support services. Through faculty and student input, the curriculum is continuously reviewed and revised to ensure it matches the ever-changing needs of the health care environment.
- Develop, expedite and enhance the education and workforce marketability of professionally registered nurses.
- Increase the quality and quantity of baccalaureate prepared registered nurses with advanced preparation and diversity to meet global health needs.
- Apply relevant theories from nursing and related natural and behavioral sciences as a foundation for planning holistic care to enhance modify or support population focused health care in various environmental contexts.
- Demonstrate clinical judgment while providing holistic care as a member of the interprofessional team in various environmental contexts.
- Employ effective communication and collaboration for professional nursing practice utilizing information management and patient care technology.
- Demonstrate leadership to effectively implement evidence-based interventions that promote patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team.
- Apply nursing process to address the health of diverse populations in the provision of evidence-based, comprehensive nursing care.
- Educate diverse populations in health promotion, disease prevention, maintenance, and health restoration.
- Use scholarly inquiry to guide professional practice.
- Demonstrate leadership in health policy, advocacy, and management of holistic care.
- Apply professional standards of practice incorporating legal, ethical, and resource management.
Target Audience: Licensed RNs
Licensed RNs needing to enhance skills and job marketability through higher educational degree in nursing; and
Desiring a flexible program that is ideal for accommodating the busy lifestyle of today’s RN who may need to complete the BSN as part of their job requirements while also providing a pathway to progress towards advanced nursing education and practice.
With innovative technology the program engages a diverse student population with flexible scheduling options and interactive learning experiences to advance their professional aspirations. This program was designed to allow individuals to further their education while maximizing the use of their previously earned credits and work experience, creating the shortest path to a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing.
This online program allows individuals to enhance their educational degree and expand their personal job marketability.
Students become quickly equipped with their BSN degrees and may still opt to work and gain professional experience during the process.
Career opportunities in nursing are as unlimited as one's imagination. Professional nurses are assuming new and greater responsibilities in hospitals, schools, industry and community agencies. Nurses are employed as caregivers, teachers, counselors, managers and researchers. Additionally, nurses now can create careers out of striking combinations of interests such as: computers, music, art, law, politics, business, publishing and the media, among others.
Where you obtain your education can be as important as what you learn. You want to be well prepared to enter the job market or to engage in graduate study. The faculty of the UC College of Nursing are well known and respected in the community for their teaching, research and service.
Majoring in RN to BSN Online
Full or Part Time: It's Your Choice
We offer both full- and part-time programs. The upper-division coursework can be completed in one academic year, full-time. The part-time options can take 12 to 18 months depending on the option selected.
The baccalaureate program at the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One DuPont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791.
As a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing is unable to accept applications for our distance learning RN to BSN program from students residing in the following states:
- District of Columbia
- New York
3110 Vine St.
PO Box 210038
Cincinnati, OH 45221
Online Information Sessions
If you are a graduate from an associate degree or hospital-based diploma program in nursing, we invite you to pursue our RN to BSN Online program. Learn more during an upcoming, online information session.
- Check back soon for online information dates, or request more program details by filling out and submitting your information in the lefthand sidebar.
Please note: As a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing is not currently accepting applications for our distance learning RN to BSN program from students residing in the states listed in the State Regulations section.
Information Session on Demand
For increased flexibility, we've recorded an information session that you can watch at your convenience.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the recording to load.
Recognized for outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Recognized by Apple as a distinguished program for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.