All materials except official transcripts can be submitted electronically via NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs, at nursingcas.org.
Please submit official transcript(s) from every post-secondary institution attended to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
All documents (transcripts, letters of reference) should be sent directly to NursingCAS, not the College of Nursing. Each of these items MUST be received by NursingCAS on the posted deadline.
If you have questions, contact our Office of Student Recruitment at 513-558-8400 or email@example.com.
State Regulations for Online Applicants
Our post-master's certificate online programs are approved to admit students from all states, except:
- New York
The program meets requirements for licensure in all other states. We highly recommend that applicants who reside outside of Ohio contact the appropriate state licensing agency for information and guidance before beginning the program. State licensing board contact information is available on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing site.
County Restrictions - Ohio & Kentucky
UC College of Nursing restricts applications for local students in our online post-master's Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-DL) program.
The college does not accept applications for this program from the following counties:
This restriction is a result of local competition for preceptors and viable regional clinical sites in primary care. Students who reside in the above counties are encouraged to apply to our onsite programs. Refer to our Academic Programs page for additional information related to residential program opportunities and respective application deadlines.
Please note: Applications could close early, if programs reach capacity before the deadline date.
Apply by June 1.
Submit these Materials
NursingCAS online application - The application must be submitted electronically at http://nursingcas.org, including a non-refundable application fee of $70, paid to NursingCAS. Once your application has been completed and transcripts verified, you will be notified via email to create an account and submit a separate, non-refundable $20 (domestic) or $25 (international) application fee to the University of Cincinnati. When creating an account, please add NursingCAS email addresses to your safe sender list. You must fill out each section in NursingCAS in order to have a complete application.
Copy of RN License (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - Applicants must submit evidence of an active, unrestricted RN license for the state in which they are practicing nursing. Applicants whose RN license is restricted will be considered provided the individual shares the conditions of the restriction set by the board of nursing and the College determines that the academic program can accommodate those restrictions if the applicant is admitted. If admitted, it will be necessary to obtain an Ohio RN License (likewise, the distance learning programs will require an RN license from the state in which you currently live). For more information about obtaining an Ohio RN License, visit www.nursing.ohio.gov. Accelerated students will be eligible to earn RN licensing after completing Phase II of their program.
References (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - One reference is required; we will accept up to six. References should come from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional skills. Be certain to inform persons who provide recommendations of the deadline for receipt of credentials. You will enter contact information for identified recommenders during the NursingCAS online application.
Official transcripts (sent directly to NursingCAS, NOT to the College of Nursing)
- Transcripts must verify a Master’s of Science in Nursing degree conferred from regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institutions and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last degree earned. (A comparable level of achievement is expected for other grading systems.) Those who have not earned a MSN by the application deadline are not eligible to apply.
- To submit transcripts, applicants are strongly encouraged to use the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form. The Colleges Attended section of the NursingCAS application allows you to print Transcript Request Forms. NursingCAS strongly recommends that you print and advise your registrar's office to attach a Transcript Request Form to your official transcript. This form helps NursingCAS properly match your official transcripts to your NursingCAS application. If you have any previous names, please make sure to list this information within the Biographic information section and this information will be included in your transcript matching form. Please note if the registrar does not accept this form, it is only recommended, not required.
- All college transcripts, from each institution that you have attended, must be submitted to Nursing CAS; you do not need to submit your high school transcript. It is highly recommended that all applicants submit the application and request transcripts at least one month prior to the posted deadline in order to have time to follow up on any problems that might arise. Transcripts do not need to be received by Nursing CAS before you submit your application but must be received by the posted deadline.
- In this section, you will be prompted to start your coursework entry. The University of Cincinnati requires full coursework entry of all transcripts. We acknowledge that this process can be labor-intensive, and we encourage entering this information early on in the application process.
We encourage you to have your unofficial transcript(s) accessible when completing this section so that you can refer to them as you enter your coursework in the NursingCAS application. This can make the process quicker and easier.
When entering coursework in NursingCAS, you must enter courses that are in progress or planned for future terms. Once you receive grades for these courses, you must log back into NursingCAS, add the course as a new course, and note the grade earned.
Once all your coursework has been entered, you will be prompted to review and finalize your transcripts. Please review your coursework entry very carefully, as it cannot be edited once you submit your application. Failure to properly enter your coursework can result in a delay of transcript verification.
Please note: NursingCAS offers Professional Transcript Entry Service, by which applicants can have NursingCAS specialists enter their coursework entry on their behalf at a cost. Additional information regarding the Professional Transcript Entry Service is available in the NursingCAS Professional Transcript Entry Service section below. It is the responsibility of the applicant to order their official transcript(s) from every institution of higher education ever attended and have them sent directly to NursingCAS. The Professional Transcript Entry Service does not include ordering official transcripts on behalf of the applicant. Only the applicant can order his or her transcripts.
- Successful completion (C or higher) of an undergraduate statistics course.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
Resume (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - For security purposes, please do not include your date of birth or Social Security number.
Goal Statement (submitted via NursingCAS online application)
NursingCAS Professional Transcript Entry Service
If you do not wish to enter all of your coursework yourself, NursingCAS offers applicants applying to a program that requires FULL TRANCRIPT ENTRY the option to have coursework professionally entered on their behalf by their specialists for an additional fee. NursingCAS coursework entry staff is available to enter all COMPLETED coursework taken at an accredited school on its school list. Given the nature of Not-Listed Schools, foreign coursework and planned/in-progress courses, this work is not eligible for professional transcript entry and must be entered by the applicant. If you would like to take advantage of NursingCAS’ Professional Transcript Entry service, visit:
Please note: NursingCAS offers Professional Transcript Entry only to applicants who apply to programs that require FULL TRANSCRIPT ENTRY. If you are applying to a program that requires “No Coursework” or “Prerequisites Only,” you do not have the option for Professional Transcript Entry. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check the requirements of the program before selecting the Professional Transcript Entry service.
The cost for NursingCAS’ professional transcript entry service is $65 for one to three transcripts, $90 for four to six transcripts, and $140 for seven transcripts or more. These fees are for coursework entry only and are in addition to NursingCAS’ regular application fees. As this is an optional service, no fee waivers are available for professional transcript entry.
The International Student Services Office provides assistance to international graduate students and supplies additional information upon receipt of the University application. This information addresses how to obtain a visa, anticipated expenses, health and accident insurance (required), housing and general information concerning the University, as well as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
TOEFL and IELTS Requirement (copy of scores submitted via NursingCAS online application):
Internet based TOEFL: 100 or higher
Computer based TOEFL: 250 or higher
Paper based TOEFL: 600-603
IELTS Overall: 7.0 or higher
For more information, please visit the TOEFL site, www.toefl.org.