Submit These Materials
NursingCAS online application: The application must be submitted electronically at https://portal.nursingcas.org , including non-refundable a $65 application fee paid to NursingCAS. Once your application has been completed and transcripts verified, you will be notified via email to create an account and submit a separate non-refundable $65 application fee to the University of Cincinnati. When creating an account, please add NursingCAS email addresses to your safe sender list. You need to fill out each section in NursingCAS in order to have a complete application.
Copy of RN License (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - Applicants must submit evidence of an active, unrestricted RN license for the state in which they are practicing nursing. Applicants whose RN license is restricted will be considered provided the individual shares the conditions of the restriction set by the board of nursing and the College determines that the academic program can accommodate those restrictions if the applicant is admitted. If admitted, it will be necessary to obtain an Ohio RN License (likewise, the distance learning programs will require an RN license from the state in which you currently live). For more information about obtaining an Ohio RN License, visit www.nursing.ohio.gov. Accelerated students will be eligible to earn RN licensing after completing Phase II of their program.
References (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - A minimum of three references are required; we will accept up to six. References should come from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional skills. Be certain to inform persons who provide recommendations of the deadline for receipt of credentials. You will enter contact information for identified recommenders during the NursingCAS online application.
Official transcripts (sent directly to NursingCAS, NOT to the College of Nursing) -
- Transcripts should verify Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree conferred from regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institutions and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last degree earned. (A comparable level of achievement is expected for other grading systems.)
- To submit transcripts, applicants must use the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form. The Colleges Attended section of the NursingCAS application allows you to print Transcript Request Forms. NursingCAS strongly recommends that you print and advise your registrar's office to attach a Transcript Request Form to your official transcript. This form helps NursingCAS properly match your official transcripts to your NursingCAS application. If you have any previous names, please make sure to list this information within the Biographic information section and this information will be included in your transcript matching form. Please note if the registrar does not accept this form, it is only recommended, not required.
- All college transcripts, from each institution that you have attended, must be submitted to Nursing CAS; you do not need to submit your high school transcript. It is highly recommended that all applicants submit the application and request transcripts at least one month prior to the posted deadline in order to have time to follow up on any problems that might arise. Transcripts do not need to be received by Nursing CAS before you submit your application but must be received by the posted deadline. When entering coursework in NursingCAS, you must enter courses that are in progress or planned for future terms. Once you receive grades for these courses, you must log back into NursingCAS, add the course as a new course, and note the grade earned.
- Successful completion (C or higher) of an undergraduate statistics course.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
Resume (submitted via NursingCAS online application) for security purposes, please do not include your DOB or SSN
Goal Statement (submitted via NursingCAS online application)