Nurse Educator Certificate
If teaching nurses is part of your job or part of your plans, learning about program development, assessment, evaluation, and other aspects of the educational process helps.
Our graduate Nurse Educator Certificate is a cost-effective, fully online program that enhances the skills of practicing nurses so they can succeed in teaching roles. The program prepares you to:
- Facilitate learner development and socialization
- Use assessment and evaluation strategies effectively
- Participate in curriculum design and evaluation of program outcomes
- Pursue continuous quality improvement in the nurse educator role
- Function within the educational environment
The Nurse Educator Certificate program admits students each semester.
- Apply by March 1, 2018.
- Apply by May 1, 2018. (Application opens Nov. 1, 2017)
Completion & Certification
Four Courses, Two Semesters
Complete the Nurse Educator Certificate in as few as two semesters with four, graduate-level courses, each three credits (12 total credit hours).
This program will prepare you for the National League for Nursing (NLN) examination for certification as a Nurse Educator (CNE). (You must meet additional eligibility requirements, outlined NLN.)
As a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing will no longer be accepting applications for our online Graduate Certificate in Nursing Education from students residing in the following states:
- District of Columbia
- New York