Fall 2018 Admission:
- Application opens Nov. 1, 2017, with a deadline to be determined.
Submitting Your Materials
If you have questions during the process, please contact our graduate advisor at (513) 558-3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All materials except official transcripts can be submitted electronically via NursingCAS, the Centralized Application Service for Nursing Programs: http://nursingcas.org.
Please submit official transcript(s) from every post-secondary institution attended to NursingCAS, P.O. Box 9201, Watertown, MA 02471.
All documents (transcripts, letters of reference) should be sent directly to NursingCAS, not the College of Nursing. Each of these items MUST be received by NursingCAS
Please note that as a result of state boards of nursing and the DOE Higher Education regulation changes, the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing will not accept applications for our BSN to DNP hybrid programs from students residing in the following states:
- District of Columbia
- New York
NursingCAS online application: The application must be submitted electronically at http://nursingcas.org, including non-refundable a $70 application fee paid to NursingCAS. Once your application has been completed and transcripts verified, you will be notified via email to create an account and submit a separate non-refundable $70 application fee to the University of Cincinnati. When creating an account, please add NursingCAS email addresses to your safe sender list. You need to fill out each section in NursingCAS in order to have a complete application.
Copy of RN License (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - Applicants must submit evidence of an active, unrestricted RN license for the state in which they are practicing nursing. Applicants whose RN license is restricted will be considered provided the individual shares the conditions of the restriction set by the board of nursing and the College determines that the academic program can accommodate those restrictions if the applicant is admitted. If admitted, it will be necessary to obtain an Ohio RN License (likewise, the distance learning programs will require an RN license from the state in which you currently live). For more information about obtaining an Ohio RN License, visit www.nursing.ohio.gov.
Official transcripts (sent directly to NursingCAS, NOT to the College of Nursing) –
- Application must have a Master of Science in Nursing degree in one of the following programs leading to specialty certification: NP or CNS; Community/Public/Occupational Health; Nurse Administration; Nurse Anesthesia; Nursing Informatics; or Nurse Midwifery
- Transcripts should verify Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science degrees conferred from regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institutions and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last degree earned. (A comparable level of achievement is expected for other grading systems.)
- To submit transcripts, applicants are strongly encouraged to use the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form. The Colleges Attended section of the NursingCAS application allows you to print Transcript Request Forms. NursingCAS strongly recommends that you print and advise your registrar's office to attach a Transcript Request Form to your official transcript. This form helps NursingCAS properly match your official transcripts to your NursingCAS application. If you have any previous names, please make sure to list this information within the Biographic information section and this information will be included in your transcript matching form. Please note if the registrar does not accept this form, it is only recommended, not required.
- All college transcripts, from each institution that you have attended, must be submitted to Nursing CAS; you do not need to submit your high school transcript. It is highly recommended that all applicants submit the application and request transcripts at least one month prior to the posted deadline in order to have time to follow up on any problems that might arise. Transcripts do not need to be received by Nursing CAS before you submit your application but must be received by the posted deadline.
- In this section, you will be prompted to start your coursework entry. The University of Cincinnati does require full coursework entry of all transcripts. We acknowledge that this process can be labor-intensive, and we encourage entering this information early on in the application process.
We encourage you to have your unofficial transcript(s) accessible when completing this section so that you can refer to them as you enter your coursework in the NursingCAS application. This can make the process quicker and easier.
When entering coursework in NursingCAS, you must enter courses that are in progress or planned for future terms. Once you receive grades for these courses, you must log back into NursingCAS, add the course as a new course, and note the grade earned.
Once all your coursework has been entered, you will be prompted to review and finalize your transcripts. Please review your coursework entry very carefully, as it cannot be edited once you submit your application. Failure to properly enter your coursework can result in a delay of transcript verification.
Please note: NursingCAS offers Professional Transcript Entry Service, by which applicants can have NursingCAS specialists enter their coursework entry on their behalf at a cost. Additional information regarding the Professional Transcript Entry Service is available in the NursingCAS Professional Transcript Entry Service section below. It is the responsibility of the applicant to order their official transcript(s) from every institution of higher education ever attended and have them sent directly to NursingCAS. The Professional Transcript Entry Service does not include ordering official transcripts on behalf of the applicant. Only the applicant can order his or her transcripts.
- Successful completion (C or higher) of undergraduate statistics course.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
Resume (submitted via NursingCAS online application) for security purposes, please do not include your DOB or SSN
Goal Statement of 500 words (submitted via NursingCAS online application)
References (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - A minimum of three references are required; we will accept up to six. References should come from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional skills. Be certain to inform persons who provide recommendations of the deadline for receipt of credentials. You will enter contact information for identified recommenders during the NursingCAS online application.
NursingCAS Professional Transcript Entry Service
If you do not wish to enter all of your coursework yourself, NursingCAS offers applicants applying to a program that requires FULL TRANCRIPT ENTRY the option to have coursework professionally entered on their behalf by their specialists for an additional fee. NursingCAS coursework entry staff is available to enter all COMPLETED coursework taken at an accredited school on its school list. Given the nature of Not-Listed Schools, foreign coursework and planned/in-progress courses, this work is not eligible for professional transcript entry and must be entered by the applicant. If you would like to take advantage of NursingCAS’ Professional Transcript Entry service, visit:
Please note: NursingCAS offers Professional Transcript Entry only to applicants who apply to programs that require FULL TRANSCRIPT ENTRY. If you are applying to a program that requires “No Coursework” or “Prerequisites Only,” you do not have the option for Professional Transcript Entry. It is the applicant’s responsibility to check the requirements of the program before selecting the Professional Transcript Entry service.
The cost for NursingCAS’ professional transcript entry service is $65 for one to three transcripts, $90 for four to six transcripts, and $140 for seven transcripts or more. These fees are for coursework entry only and are in addition to NursingCAS’ regular application fees. As this is an optional service, no fee waivers are available for professional transcript entry.
Applicants who are deemed acceptable potential students will be invited for an interview following review of their applications. Interviews are conducted by the DNP faculty. If distance makes an on-campus interview impractical, a telephone interview can be arranged.
The Faculty Review Committee takes into consideration all of the requirements related to rendering an admission decision. Applicants who do not meet all of the requirements but whose credentials reveal potential ability for doctoral level study are reviewed on an individual basis.
Requirements upon Acceptance
- $500 non-refundable matriculation fee
- Computer with Internet access
- iPad (required for DNP course delivery)
- The Center for Academic Technologies & Educational Resources (CATER) recommends students purchase a current generation iPad (Mini or full-size) with at least 128 GB of storage.
- Students must bring their iPad to the mandatory site visit (Block Week) every semester.
The International Student Services Office provides assistance to international graduate students and supplies additional information upon receipt of the University application. This information addresses how to obtain a visa, anticipated expenses, health and accident insurance (required), housing and general information concerning the University, as well as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
TOEFL and IELTS Requirement (copy of scores submitted via NursingCAS online application):
Internet based TOEFL: 100 or higher
Computer based TOEFL: 250 or higher
Paper based TOEFL: 600-603
IELTS Overall: 7.0 or higher
For more information, please visit the TOEFL site, www.toefl.org.
Application Review Process
Final admission decisions are based on the applicants’ experience, references, test scores (if applicable), GPA and the recommendation of the interviewers. Applicants who are offered admission will receive an admission letter, which will reflect applicable next steps.