Submissions Required with Application
NursingCAS online application: The application must be submitted electronically at http://nursingcas.org, including non-refundable a $65 application fee paid to NursingCAS. Once your application has been completed and transcripts verified, you will be notified via email to create an account and submit a separate non-refundable $65 application fee to the University of Cincinnati. When creating an account, please add NursingCAS email addresses to your safe sender list. You need to fill out each section in NursingCAS in order to have a complete application.
Copy of RN License (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - Applicants must submit evidence of an active, unrestricted RN license for the state in which they are practicing nursing. Applicants whose RN license is restricted will be considered provided the individual shares the conditions of the restriction set by the board of nursing and the College determines that the academic program can accommodate those restrictions if the applicant is admitted. If admitted, it will be necessary to obtain an Ohio RN License (likewise, the distance learning programs will require an RN license from the state in which you currently live). For more information about obtaining an Ohio RN License, visit www.nursing.ohio.gov.
Official transcripts (sent directly to NursingCAS, NOT to the College of Nursing) –
- Submission of official transcripts from every institution of higher education attended are required. All transcripts must be submitted to NursingCAS. (High school transcripts are not needed.) It is highly recommended that applicants submit the application and request transcripts at least one month prior to the posted deadline to allow time to follow up on any potential issues. Transcripts are not needed at the same time an application is submitted, but must be received by the posted deadline.
- Transcripts must verify a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree conferred from regionally and ACEN (formerly NLNAC) or CCNE accredited institutions and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last degree earned. (A comparable level of achievement is expected for other grading systems.) Those who have no earned a BSN by the application deadline are not eligible to apply.
- To submit transcripts, applicants must use the NursingCAS Transcript Matching Form. The Colleges Attended section of the NursingCAS application allows you to print Transcript Request Forms. NursingCAS strongly recommends that you print and advise your registrar's office to attach a Transcript Request Form to your official transcript. This form helps NursingCAS properly match your official transcripts to your NursingCAS application. If you have any previous names, please make sure to list this information within the Biographic information section and this information will be included in your transcript matching form. Please note if the registrar does not accept this form, it is only recommended, not required.
- In this section, you will be prompted to start your coursework entry. The University of Cincinnati does require full coursework entry of all transcripts. We acknowledge that this process can be labor-intensive, and we encourage entering this information early on in the application process.
We encourage you to have your unofficial transcript(s) accessible when completing this section so that you can refer to them as you enter your coursework in the NursingCAS application. This can make the process quicker and easier.
When entering coursework in NursingCAS, you must enter courses that are in progress or planned for future terms. Once you receive grades for these courses, you must log back into NursingCAS, add the course as a new course, and note the grade earned.
Once all your coursework has been entered, you will be prompted to review and finalize your transcripts. Please review your coursework entry very carefully, as it cannot be edited once you submit your application. Failure to properly enter your coursework can result in a delay of transcript verification.
- The GRE is not required for applicants with a previous master's degree. All other applicants must submit GRE scores from within the past five years. GRE scores are self-reported via the NursingCAS online application. Submit official GRE scores to the University of Cincinnati (code 1833).
- Successful completion (C or higher) of undergraduate statistics course.
- International transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
Resume (submitted via NursingCAS online application) for security purposes, please do not include your DOB or SSN
Goal Statement of 500 words (submitted via NursingCAS online application)
References (submitted via NursingCAS online application) - A minimum of three references are required; we will accept up to six. References should come from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional skills; one must be from a current manager. Be certain to inform persons who provide recommendations of the deadline for receipt of credentials. You will enter contact information for identified recommenders during the NursingCAS online application.